Road maintenance Services
KIS completed a 66km class B gravel standard marram road on Bugala Island from Luuku - Mulabana under the supervision of UNRA. Upon completion, KIS handed over the Road to the GoU on 18 March 2016.
The improved road network has positively impacted on the people of Bugala Island in social, economic, political and cultural aspects as below;
- Increased business opportunities and growth in trade
- Improved accessibility for goods and services,
- Reduction in wear and tear for automobiles,
- Boosted tourism as Kalangala is well known to be a tourist destination,
- Reduction in the mortality rate of expectant mother who are given referral to Masaka which is the nearest district.
- Increased value for land
- Increased income for the residents due to improved business opportunities
- Employment opportunities for both residents and other people from other districts
Stay InformedSubscribe to Our Newletters
Socialize with Us